Thursday, April 22, 2010

Save the date - June 3, 2010: Carrots are coming!

By Natalie Limneos
O.C. Tanner - Baltimore Office

I just got back from a week at our Home Office in Salt Lake City. Not only was I wowed by the picturesque scenery and fresh mountain air, I was overwhelmed by the whole O.C. Tanner experience. I consider myself well and truly a Carrot Convert.

I've only been with the company since July 2009 so this was my first trip out to our home office and my first experience with Carrot Training.

Now I know my testimonial may come across as biased to some, after all I am an employee, but make no mistake, I suddenly experienced an 'AHA Moment' as I witnessed a glimpse of The Carrot Principle Training Seminar hosted by the wonderful Andrea Gappmayer.

The training resonated deeply with me which is why I felt compelled to write something on a personal level. I feel that so many employers don't actually realize how important appreciation is.

Before joining O.C. Tanner I was with my last employer for 7 years. Leaving was possibly one of the hardest things for me to do, but I honestly felt that I had no choice, as I felt so unappreciated.

In this economical climate it is exactly the same for employees everywhere!
There have been cutbacks, and people are working harder without the incentive of that once annual bonus or pay rise. Employees are shouldering extra responsibilities, many of which are not what they signed up for and are anything less than pleasant. This is where, just like in my case, morale hits rock bottom and good people end up moving on.

This is exactly why recognition is so vital for all companies, regardless of their size. The Carrot Principle Training Seminar teaches employers just that. It demonstrates the effectiveness of employee recognition and how appreciation has such a positive effect on company growth and productivity.

I highly recommend this seminar to any employer, no matter the size of the company. This training just puts companies back on the right track. It teaches employers the value of their people, how to keep them engaged, and ultimately how to grow, especially in these troubled times.

We are very excited to announce that The Carrot Principle Training Seminar is coming to the DC area. Don't miss this opportunity to participate ‘in America’s most valuable training program’.

The Carrot Principle Training Seminar
Date: Thursday, 3rd June 2010
Address: Capital One, 1680 Capital One Drive, McLean, VA 22102-3407


More details will be posted soon, but please feel free to call our office for more information - 410-661-5668. We look forward to seeing you there!

Don't forget to appreciate!

No comments:

Post a Comment